Run action on past calendar events

Bill Handy

Dec 14, 2022, 9:20:52 AM12/14/22
to Foresight Community
Is it possible to run an action on calendar events already scheduled? For example, adding buffer times to current events as well as future events.

Thank you!

Jason Huang

Dec 14, 2022, 2:23:16 PM12/14/22
to Foresight Community, bi...@h3strat.com
Hello, yes, it's possible. But it's only manual. You can create a rule Manual trigger => Create calendar buffer events action => Create calendar buffer events action =>  Create calendar buffer events action => ...
In the Create calendar buffer events action, select your calendar, and in the Event field, type the name of the event to search the event.
Then repeat the process to add one Create calendar buffer events per event to instruct Foresight the calendar events for which you add buffer events.
When you complete the rule configuration, click the play button the rule card. The rule would execute and add buffer events for all the events you configured.
screenshot_2022-12-14_11-15-20.gif

I hope it works. Thanks.
-Jason

Bill Handy

Dec 14, 2022, 2:46:52 PM12/14/22
to Jason Huang, Foresight Community
Thank you, that is helpful. So I'm clear, I will need to identify every event I want the buffer time added to. So, for example, if I have twelve sessions scheduled with the same person, I will need to identify each of those twelve sessions as an action under the same rule.

I assume it isn't possible to search for all events with a particular keyword?

Again, thank you,

-Bill

Jason Huang

Dec 14, 2022, 5:29:44 PM12/14/22
to Foresight Community, bi...@h3strat.com, Foresight Community, Jason Huang
It's impossible at the moment. The Create calendar buffer events action only takes 1 event. So you would need to manually add 12 actions in the same rules.
We would support bulk operation later for calendars in future versions, so that it's possible to bulk create buffer events for dozens or hundreds of events with a rule like Data uploaded trigger => Create calendar buffer events action.
Thanks.

Bill Handy

Dec 14, 2022, 5:49:41 PM12/14/22
to Jason Huang, Foresight Community
Thank you, Jason. I appreciate your response.

I hope you have a happy new year!

-Bill
Bill Handy, ACC, APR