Foresight v4.4.0 Updates

Jason Huang

May 23, 2022, 8:59:04 PM5/23/22
to Foresight Community
Hello Foresight users,

We hope you're doing well lately. We'd like to announce some exciting updates about Foresight. We had some team changes and plan to ramp up our Foresight development. We're determined to offer you more automation recipes to empower your work. Here are the updates for version 4.4.0, merged with version 4.3.x updates.

New features

  • Added 3 triggers and 3 actions for Google Workspace Admins
    • User archived trigger
    • User unarchived trigger
    • Data transfer request created trigger
    • Archive user action. You need Archived User (AU) licenses to take this action. You may need this near the end of your employee offboarding workflow.
    • Unarchive user action
    • Update employee information action.
  • Added Calendar event started action. This action supports more flexible recurring patterns than the Recurring times trigger, in which the repeating interval is fixed. For instance, you may trigger a rule every Mon, Wed or Fri. You may also move a calendar event to delay the trigger time.
  • Added Calendar event deleted trigger.
  • Added Create calendar event action. Instead of creating a calendar event in Google Calendar UI, this action supports variables input for some event metadata.
  • Added Delete calendar buffer events action.
  • Support searching triggers and actions. As we've been adding numerous triggers and actions, searching for the correct trigger or action is like finding the needle in a haystack. We added a search field next to the trigger or action selection page.
     screenshot_2022-05-23_17-45-35.jpg

Issue fixes

  • Fixed an issue that some Email actions failed when a large volume of emails were sent simultaneously from Gmail.
  • Fixed an issue in User's organizational unit changed that the clearing the present or new organizational unit was ineffective.
  • Fixed an issue in Email action that it's prone for users to mess up the variables with text styles.
  • Fixed an issue that some events may not trigger when bulk events are deleted in a short time.
  • For the New calendar event trigger, if a single instance in a recurring event is edited for the first time, the single instance was considered as a new event. Therefore it may trigger. In this version, this edited single instance in a recurring event is ignored.
  • Fix unknown reason for the Create user action.
  • Fix unknown reason for the Update vacation responder action.
  • Fix unknown reason for the Move user to organizational unit action.
  • Fix unknown reason for the Get user info action.
  • The Include events created by Foresight (not commended) option in the New calendar event trigger is removed. Events created by Foresight would never trigger again.
We're actively working on version 4.5.0. You're welcomed to send feedback to us in this community or privately on our contact page. We'll try to prioritize our development to your requests.

Thank you.
--
Jason Huang
Co-founder and CEO at xFanatical