Let the Spring Season begin (email I sent to your boys)

srowa...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2019, 7:02:06 PM3/14/19
to Varsity Boys Parents
Hello All-

Not sure I have everyone's email for the Spring Season but I wanted to reach out before Monday.

Monday is our first day! I am hoping this warm weather will stay and the ice will be gone by the end of next week. Monday and Tuesday will involve getting the boathouse ready for the season, meeting the new assistant coach and going over expectations and goals for the season. If we cannot get out on the water by the end of the week, we will NOT have practice on Saturday (March 23rd). There's so much erging, circuits and running you can do.

We will go over everything on Monday but as a reminder, communication is SO important. If there is a practice you are missing, you need to mark the spreadsheet ASAP. Same with a regatta you might not be able to attend. Practices are required unless you miss school, extremely sick or a family emergency.

April Break: I will give you off that first Saturday and Marathon Monday (I live in the city and will never make it back home). We will practice 10-12:30 and can decide, as a team, which two days you want to stay and lift.

There will always be one day of land training: erging, lifting circuits, runs, watch video, etc.

I will give you plenty of notice when 2K's happen. If you do not take a 2K, you will not be boated. If you are injured/sick and can't test (which is understandable), you will still not be in a boat because I need you to heal. You are all too young to have a ton of injuries or push through illnesses.

I am not too worried about the Varsity Boys but we will have a "3 strike" rule. You receive 3 strikes and you won't be boated for the race coming up. Examples that would give you a strike: being disrespectful or talking back to coaches, treating your fellow teammates badly (you don't have to be best friends but you need to respect each other) not helping on days we load and unload for races, poor sportsmanship at regattas, skipping multiple practices because you just don't feel like going.

I feel as though I am forgetting something..oh well...

See you all on Monday. Come with goals you have for yourself and the season. I am super excited. Email me if you need anything or have questions.

Have a good Friday and enjoy the weekend. If you are running Harvard Stadium, you need money (cash or c/c) for the meters. It's not that expensive. It's better to run up the seats and then WALK down the steps. It's one of the greatest workouts ever. Remember you are representing Wayland-Weston.

Regards,

Shayne M. Bolduc
Head Coach, Varsity Boys
Wayland-Weston Rowing
617-383-3983

"The most difficult thing for individuals to do when they become part of a team is to sacrifice. It is much easier to be selfish."
-Coach Pat Riley