[WW Crew Parents] WWcrew: Winter Training is no live

Michael Baker

Nov 4, 2018, 8:10:21 AM11/4/18
to WWPa...@wwcrew.org, WWAth...@wwcrew.org, coa...@wwcrew.org
Good morning,

Registration is now live!!

The first day is actually Tuesday November 13th not Monday12th,

Starting, Thursday, please stop by Longfellows and take care of your swipe pass and photo.

Mike

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018, 3:52 PM Michael Baker <rowin...@gmail.com wrote:
Congrats on a very successful Fall season.
Winter is nowhere.
We are waiting on a couple logistics to open the registration ( Give me one more day)

Winter information and the link to the registration can be found below.  I will send out another email when you can complete your registration

***Winter Training***

PLEASE PLEASE participate in winter sport at your school!!!!!!!!!  Participating in your School's winter sport will prepare you for the spring season.  In addition, here are some more advantages:

--contribute to your school: winter season is your chance to be part of another school team and to be a three-season athlete.

--develop strength and endurance by cross-training, and avoid overuse injuries:  it is good to move your body in different ways, and sometimes you can more quickly develop strength that is good for crew by doing other exercises.  Swimming and cross-country skiing are exceptional sports for developing endurance that crosses over to crew.

--create balance in your life:  all crew, all the time may not be healthy or productive for everyone.  Consider whether the variety of a different sport and taking a break from crew may be good for you.

If you are not going to do a winter sport, you have the option to do Winter Training with WWRA.  This year, we are back with The Longfellow Sports Club at 203 Oak Street, Natick.

Attendance is NOT mandatory but realize that just to maintain fitness you need to train for at least 3 days/week... If you have to miss a day here and there that it is fine; if your family is going on vacation in February, that is fine.

At this time, we are offering a “bookends” option as well: the “bookends” option  is for those who do a winter sport, but who want to maintain their fitness in the period between seasons.

The Winter Training fee will include a full 7 days/week club membership, for the duration of the winter training sessions (Nov. 12 – March 15).

Should you decide, you will then have the option of joining the club with your own personal membership for the remainder of 12-month year (ending October 31st, 2017) for $199.
 .

Here are the details:
Registration Link:

WWRA Winter Training
When: Nov 12-Mar 15, M-T-Th-Fr 3:45-5:45pm
(Monday, March 18 is the first day of the spring season.)
Where: The Longfellow Sports Club at 203 Oak Street, Natick, MA 01760
Cost: Full Winter $675, “Bookends” Fall $175  Spring $265

If you have any questions, please ask your coach and or me.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike Baker
Program Director, Head Varsity Girls Coach
Wayland-Weston Rowing Association
Cell:(508) 367-1380
rowin...@gmail.com

Attachments area