[WW novice_parents] [WW Crew Parents] WWcrew: Registration is now open for Spring 2019...BE THE FIRST TO REGISTER ;-)

1 view

Michael Baker

Feb 16, 2019, 1:13:40 PM2/16/19
to WW Parents, WW Athletes, Coaches

Good afternoon

So it is that time of year again to start thinking about the Spring Season.

Registration is now open for Spring 2019:  Remeber you must register with WWRA and with your high school's athletics!

Parents and volunteers do the behind the scenes work that makes this program successful. We always need more help.  Please read  below some volunteer information from  Deb Marchiony, our Chair of the Volunteer Commitee.

Hello parents and friends,

As the Chair of the Volunteer Committee, I believe YOU are valued members of the WWRA community.

For the spring season, we have updated volunteering section. In addition to indicating which committee you will join, we ask you agree to a volunteer commitment at regattas. Your support is vital to the development of our student-athletes and to the success of the program. There are five spring regattas (8 regatta days) and we expect you to participate by volunteering for at least two tent-related shifts.

So that you can plan ahead, the regatta dates are April 27-28 (Saratoga Invitational), May 5 (Harvard Henley), May 11-12 (Lowell Invitational), May 18-19 (NE Regionals) and May 26 (MPSRA - State Championships).

Please note that the sign-up genius pages will be available in April.

Thank you!

Please make sure you register with your school and WWRA:

WWRA Registration

Wayland Athletics

Weston Athletics

PARENTS MEETING
TBD  (IT WILL BE AT THE WESTON HIGH SCHOOL)

For returning rowers:
-Registration deadline is March 12; a late fee of $50 applies for registration after this date.

For new rowers registering with WWRA:
-Registration will stay open with no late fee.

**IMPORTANT**
To enroll on a team the school nurse must have all required forms and a hard-copy of the student’s current physical. The physical examination is valid for 13 months from the date on which it was signed by the doctor. If you have not yet submitted an up-to-date physical, or if your physical expires prior to the start of the athletics season, please provide a current copy to the school nurse. If you have questions regarding your this information, please call your school's athletic department

I would hate to keep athletes off the water because they do not have all their paperwork in, it is for their safety and ours.

Please keep an eye open for an email in the next couple of days informing you about the online store.

You will find the spring race schedule on our website: http://wwcrew.org

The coaching staff is looking forward to a great spring season; we have a great group training hard indoors as well as a large group participating in other winter sports.

Please, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your time and registering your child,

Mike Baker
Program Director, Head Varsity Girls Coach
Wayland-Weston Rowing Association
Cell:(508) 367-1380
rowin...@gmail.com

"All great achievements require time"  Maya Angelou

--
To join this group using a different email address, send a request to webm...@wwcrew.org that includes your name and your athlete's name.

About WWCrew Email Groups: Visit http://www.wwcrew.org/email-groups/
---

Michael Baker

Feb 21, 2019, 1:12:04 PM2/21/19
to WW Parents, WW Athletes, Coaches
Hello all!!

There was a glitch with the registration site last week.  It is all fixed now and ready to go.

If you emailed me to let me know it wasn't working, THANK YOU!!!

REMEMBER Bookends start next  Monday.  You can register here:

Thank you

Mike
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/wwcrew.org/d/msgid/WWParents/CAMbwkZ8hQL4tB%2BP0hd9XJrAT4%2B2SaGthJDT04UTDZfTzVKuRhw%40mail.gmail.com.

About WWCrew Email Groups: Visit http://www.wwcrew.org/email-groups/
---

Michael Baker

Mar 17, 2019, 9:05:09 PM3/17/19
to WW Parents, WW Athletes, Coaches
Hello all,

Spring has not sprung but our season has.  Remember, Varsity practice starts tomorrow and Novice, starts next Monday

We still have a number of athletes that are still not registered with their School and or with WWCrew.

If you are a varsity rowers this needs to be completed by tomorrow before practice.