Fwd: Seminar Today at 4:30pm: Junnan Li

Joty Shafiq Rayhan (Asst Prof)

Oct 11, 2021, 4:38:19 AM10/11/21
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Happening now.

Shafiq Joty
Asst. Prof @NTU,
Senior Manager @Salesforce AI Research

Begin forwarded message:

From: ntu-nlp-sg-seminar <ntu-nlp-s...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Seminar Today at 4:30pm: Junnan Li
Date: 11 October 2021 at 10:09:46 AM SGT
To: ntu-nlp-sg-seminar <ntu-nlp-s...@googlegroups.com>

Dear fellow NLP enthusiasts in Singapore,

Hello. We hope this email finds you well. Thank you again for signing up for the Monthly NLP Seminars. As a reminder, our October seminar is taking place today between 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm, Singapore Time.

Our speaker will be Junnan Li, a Senior Research Scientist at Salesforce Research Asia. He obtained his PhD at the National University of Singapore in 2019. He has published in many top-tier venues in machine learning and computer vision, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, etc. His main research interests include self-supervised learning, semi-supervised learning, weakly-supervised learning, and vision-language learning. His ultimate research goal is to build general-purpose models that can self-learn without human involvement. His recent paper, ALBEF, has been accepted as a spotlight in NeurIPS 2021. To learn more about his research, refer here.

He will give a talk on ‘Representation learning with few human annotations’. For more details on the talk, please refer here: https://ntunlpsg.github.io/talk/junnan/.

To receive the Teams meeting link, you could fill out the registration link below  (also available in the talk website)Registration Link

For interested speakers, please email ruoch...@e.ntu.edu.sg to arrange a seminar topic and time.

For more information on the Monthly Seminars, please refer to the website: https://ntunlpsg.github.io/post/monthly-nlp-talk/

Feel free to forward this email to the relevant mailing lists in your group/school/department and encourage your students/colleagues to sign up.

Thank you for reading and we hope to see you at the seminar.

Best,

NTU-NLP

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.