Call for (free?) participation: The Affective Content workshop @ AAAI-21, Feb 9, 8am EST

Kokil Jaidka

Feb 4, 2021, 8:01:11 AM2/4/21
to clu...@lists.seas.upenn.edu, si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg, Niyati Chhaya, Lyle ungar
Hello there!

We'd like to invite you all to a scintillating morning of talks at the AAAI-21 Affective Content Analysis half-day workshop on Feb 9 from 8-am - 1.30pm EST, with a host of distinguished speakers. All AAAI registrants* can access the workshop details at https://virtual.2021.aaai.org/workshop_WS-1.html
The workshop will be in English.

If you're interested in studying affect in text, speech, images, or behavior, you'll probably love the chance to hear from and speak to Roz Picard, Page Moreau, Cristian Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil and Devi Parikh, who're all award-winning superstars in their respective fields. You can find out more about each of them at https://sites.google.com/view/affcon2021/invited-speakers. We're honored to have them and would be delighted if you joined us on Tuesday morning. Here's the confirmed schedule for the invited speakers (full schedule is at https://sites.google.com/view/affcon2021/schedule)

(All timings in EST)

0810 - 0855 : Rosalind Picard. Title TBA

1000 - 1045 : Page Moreau. What Text Analysis Cannot Tell Us: The Importance of Observation in Understanding Creative Teams

1045 - 1130 : Cristian Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil. Towards an artificial intuition: Conversational markers of (anti)social dynamics

1130 - 1215: Devi Parikh. AI-assisted human creativity

Please do forward this invitation to your circles, colleagues, and students because it's free, and anyone can join from anywhere on the planet.*

All the best, and we hope to see you this Tuesday!

Kokil Jaidka
on behalf of the OC.

*PS: Our primary objective right now is to have great attendance and meaningful engagement and interaction with our keynote speakers. Fill up this form (https://forms.gle/m77Zv7ScKyDLbje69) with a persuasive reason for free access :)