Interest in Pre-ACL Practice talks – SSNLP 2022?

Min Yen KAN

Apr 13, 2022, 11:52:07 PM4/13/22
to Singapore NLP Group
Dear all,

Fortunately, our community continues to do well for ACL and its satellite events, all happening late next month.  I'd like to propose that we have a joint, common, practice / dry run as per previous years.

As a collective, if we are interested, I propose that we self-organize through this list.  We can try to find a physical venue so that our faculty, researchers and students can have a chance to enjoy a local, no-/low-cost physical meeting and getting the opportunity to bump into our like-minded NLP colleagues after the long hiatus due to COVID-19.

If you're interested, please reply here and sometime next week, we can take the organization of the event organization offline, where we aim for early-mid May for the event.

Cheers,

Min

--
Min-Yen KAN (Dr) :: Associate Professor :: National University of Singapore :: NUS School of Computing, AS6 05-12, 13 Computing Drive
Singapore 117417 :: +65 6516 1885(DID) :: +65 6779 4580 (Fax) :: ka...@comp.nus.edu.sg (E) :: www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~kanmy (W)

Daniel Dahlmeier

Apr 14, 2022, 12:19:48 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Hi Min

That's a great idea, I would be happy to attend if my work schedule allows.

Regards
Daniel

Kokil Jaidka

Apr 14, 2022, 12:31:40 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
I'm happy to support and attend as well.

Allan Jie

Apr 14, 2022, 1:14:48 AM4/14/22
to SIngapore Natural language processing special interest Group (SING), ka...@comp.nus.edu.sg
Great! I would be happy to attend the event.

Chieu Hai Leong

Apr 14, 2022, 1:29:34 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg

Thanks, Min.

Would be happy to attend. No ACL 2022 papers from my lab though.

Thanks

JIANG Jing

Apr 14, 2022, 1:34:35 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg

Thank you for organizing this, Min! I’ll be happy to attend the event.

Best,

Jing

From: Min-Yen Kan <ka...@comp.nus.edu.sg>
Reply to: "si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg" <si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Thursday, 14 April 2022 at 11:52 AM
To: Singapore NLP Group <si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg>
Subject: [SING] Interest in Pre-ACL Practice talks – SSNLP 2022?

Dear all,

Joty Shafiq Rayhan (Assoc Prof)

Apr 14, 2022, 1:41:08 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Hi Min (and all),

Great initiative and would be very happy to attend.
May be we could also showcase ICLR ones, which is happening in the last week of April.

Cheers,

Dr Shafiq Joty
Associate Professor @NTU
Sr. Manager @Salesforce AI Research

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.

Nancy Chen

Apr 14, 2022, 1:56:28 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Yup, this is a great idea!

Nancy
--
Nancy F. Chen
Lab Head and PI

Kokil Jaidka

Apr 14, 2022, 2:41:41 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Can we have a session that's for WIP papers too? Time permitting :)

Min-Yen Kan

Apr 14, 2022, 3:20:13 AM4/14/22
to Singapore Natural Language Processing SIG
Hi Kokil, all:

I think that'd be a great idea too!

caoyix...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2022, 3:36:31 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg

SMU Classification: Restricted

Dear prof. Min,

Thanks for the organization! I ‘like to attend the meeting.

Thanks,

Cao Yixin

Apr 14, 2022, 4:43:23 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Thanks for doing this, Min. I think having such (regular) events locally would be a great idea. I'll be there too.

Wei

Hwee Tou Ng

Apr 14, 2022, 5:02:38 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg

Su Jian

Apr 14, 2022, 5:38:19 AM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg

Good to have pre-practices back, Min. Will be happy to attend.  Jian

From: Hwee Tou Ng <ng...@comp.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Thursday, 14 April 2022 at 5:02 PM
To: si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg <si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg>

This email is from a sender external to A*STAR. If you are unsure of the content, please check the source before you respond.

This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.

Soujanya Poria

Apr 14, 2022, 10:43:32 PM4/14/22
to si...@wing.comp.nus.edu.sg
Great initiative, Min. I will attend this event.

Soujanya