Fwd: [Wikidata] [events] Wiki Workshop 2021 Announcement and Call for Papers

Liam Wyatt

Apr 9, 2021, 4:05:11 AM4/9/21
to wikicite-discuss, Leila Zia
Forwarding to the WikiCite community:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Leila Zia <lz...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 08:21
Subject: Re: [Wikidata] [events] Wiki Workshop 2021 Announcement and Call for Papers
Cc: Wiki Workshop 2016 <wikiwo...@googlegroups.com>

Hi all,

This is our final friendly reminder that if you're interested to join
us in the 8th annual Wiki Workshop https://wikiworkshop.org/2021/ on
April 14, 12:00-18:30 UTC you have until April 13 to submit your
indication of interest to participate:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeiq7MUp9ln8Z9KijslxRh18eT0bqCpQqAGjunC4n99WMumSw/viewform
. If you're interested in research on or about the Wikimedia projects,
don't miss it. :)

Best,
Leila, Miriam and Bob

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 5:27 PM Leila Zia <lz...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We are looking forward to hosting you in Wiki Workshop 2021
> (virtually) on April 14. You can now submit your indication of
> interest to participate in the workshop via
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeiq7MUp9ln8Z9KijslxRh18eT0bqCpQqAGjunC4n99WMumSw/viewform
> .
>
> You can also check out the accepted papers and the invited speakers'
> list on the website: https://wikiworkshop.org/2021/
>
> Best,
> Leila, Miriam and Bob
>
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM Leila Zia <lz...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > We are delighted to announce that Wiki Workshop 2021 will be held
> > virtually in April 2021 and as part of the Web Conference 2021 [1].
> > The exact day is to be finalized and we know it will be between April
> > 19-23.
> >
> > In the past years, Wiki Workshop has traveled to Oxford, Montreal,
> > Cologne, Perth, Lyon, and San Francisco, and (virtually) to Taipei.
> > Last year, we had more than 120 participants in the workshop and we
> > are particularly excited about this year's as we will celebrate the
> > 20th birthday of Wikipedia.
> >
> > We encourage contributions by all researchers who study the Wikimedia
> > projects. We specifically encourage 1-2 page submissions of
> > preliminary research. You will have the option to publish your work as
> > part of the proceedings of The Web Conference 2021.
> >
> > You can read more about the call for papers and the workshop at
> > http://wikiworkshop.org/2021/#call. Please note that the deadline for
> > the submissions to be considered for proceedings is January 29. All
> > other submissions should be received by March 1.
> >
> > If you have questions about the workshop, please let us know on this
> > list or at wikiwo...@googlegroups.com.
> >
> > Looking forward to seeing many of you in this year's edition.
> >
> > Best,
> > Miriam Redi, Wikimedia Foundation
> > Bob West, EPFL
> > Leila Zia, Wikimedia Foundation
> >
> > [1] https://www2021.thewebconf.org/

Liam Wyatt [Wittylama]

WikiCite Program Manager & Wikimedia Enterprise Community Liaison
Wikimedia Foundation