Requesting assistance with documentation for WD-Wikisource integration project

Liam Wyatt

May 11, 2021, 7:18:51 AM5/11/21
to wikicite-discuss, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga
Dear WikiCite community,
Forwarding a message on behalf of KCVelaga, seeking documentation-translation and integration of their project on different language Wikisources:

Last year, we (User:KCVelaga, on behalf of Open Heritage Foundation) have been funded through the WikiCite program to improve the integration between Wikisource and Wikidata. The project has three development components, a module, a bot and a tool. You can read about each of them in detail in this document. I am requesting help regarding the documentation of the technical development.
To get started, we have completed the development and testing of two modules on beta-Wikisource (https://en.wikisource.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Module:Index_data and https://en.wikisource.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Module:Index_template). While we are supporting and overseeing the deployment of these on a couple of mainstream Wikisources, it would be good if other Wikisource communities can deploy these themselves. Though we can support with fixes in the long-term, but not step-by-step implementation. To deploy these modules, people will primarily need to do translations and deciding whether or not to display certain properties (by commenting out lines of code). We have attempted to document which lines to be translated at, https://github.com/tshrinivasan/wikisource_wikidata_integration/blob/main/translate-examples.txt, but it didn't turn out quite well, as none of us has experience in technical documentation.
So we are requesting guidance on how we can develop documentation in the best way possible, especially in that is friendly for non-tech folks. A meeting would be helpful to get to communicate the needs more elaborately and to understand documentation practicies.

For replies please contact Krishna directly on <kcve...@gmail.com>.

Sincerely,

Liam Wyatt [Wittylama]

WikiCite Program Manager & Wikimedia Enterprise Community Liaison
Wikimedia Foundation

Samuel Klein

Jun 2, 2021, 12:52:25 PM6/2/21
to Liam Wyatt, wikicite-discuss, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga
Dear Krishna -- how is this translation, and adoption in different communities, coming?

--
Meta: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiCite
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wikicite

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266