Soweego: wide-coverage linking of external identifiers. Call for support

Marco Fossati

Sep 24, 2017, 12:32:32 PM9/24/17
to wikicite-discuss
[Begging pardon if you have already read this in the Wikidata or Wikiresearch mailing lists]

Hi everyone,

Remember StrepHit?
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/StrepHit:_Wikidata_Statements_Validation_via_References
And the Wikidata primary sources tool?
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Primary_sources_tool

While the StrepHit team is building its next version, I'd like to invite you to have a look at a new project proposal.
The main goal is to add a high volume of identifiers to Wikidata, ensuring live maintenance of links.
I believe this addresses the reference gap issue from another perspective, since you can think of an identifier as a reference to a Wikidata item.

Do you agree that Wikidata should become the central linking hub of open knowledge?

If so, I'd be really grateful if you could endorse the *soweego* project:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Hjfocs/soweego

Of course, any comment is more than welcome on the discussion page.

Looking forward to your valuable feedback.
Best,

Marco