libwebp v0.1.3

James Zern

Sep 30, 2011, 9:39:24 PM9/30/11
to WebP Discussion
Hi,

I wanted to mention that we finalized the libwebp 0.1.3 release. The
archives are available [1] and the git repository has been tagged
'v0.1.3'. The WIC codec will be getting updated too.

We'll be posting some information on a few of the things coming next
soon.

From the NEWS file for v0.1.3:
* Advanced decoding APIs.
* On-the-fly cropping and rescaling of images.
* SSE2 instructions for decoding performance optimizations on x86
based platforms.
* Support Multi-threaded decoding.
* 40% improvement in Decoding performance.
* Add support for RGB565, RGBA4444 & ARGB image colorspace.
* Better handling of large picture encoding.

Changes since rc1:
7e198ab update ChangeLog
dfc9c1e Harmonize the dates - man page update
28ad70c Fix PNG decoding bug - Note this only had the potential of
affecting experimental builds (WEBP_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURES).

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/webp/downloads/list