FFMPEG build error: ‘CODEC_ID_VP8’ undeclared

johnhull2008

Jun 3, 2010, 8:40:50 PM6/3/10
to WebM Discussion
I am trying to build FFMPEG after applying the patch.
http://www.webmproject.org/tools/#ffmpeg_patches

But when I do configure and do make, I get the following errors:
ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat/matroskaenc.c:590: error: ‘CODEC_ID_VP8’
undeclared (first use in this function)
ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat/matroskaenc.c:1122: error: ‘CODEC_ID_VP8’
undeclared here (not in a function)

I grepped the files and searched for CODEC_ID_VP8, but it seems that
it is not defined anywhere. Could anyone tell me what is wrong? In
which file is it defined?

Pascal Massimino

Jun 5, 2010, 4:25:41 AM6/5/10
to johnhull2008, WebM Discussion
Hi,
CODEC_ID_VP8 is defined in ffmpeg's libavcodec/avcodec.h file, so
it's highly probably you have an outdated version of ffmpeg.

Frank Galligan

Jun 6, 2010, 12:10:37 PM6/6/10
to Pascal Massimino, johnhull2008, WebM Discussion
Hello all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that WebM and VP8 have been added to FFmpeg.

Download the latest version of VP8 from www.webmproject.org and the latest version of FFmpeg from www.ffmpeg.org. Build VP8 and then FFmpeg and you then you can create VP8 Webm files.

We will update the webmproject.com website.

Thank you to the FFmpeg team for making this happen so quickly.

Frank