VP8 and OpenMaX ( Reposting as the earlier mail Superceded an earlier discussion topic by mistake )

nimesh.c...@accenture.com

Jun 1, 2010, 3:58:07 AM6/1/10
to webm-d...@webmproject.org

I’m trying to create an OpenMax component for VP8 to integrate with Android-StageFright. But I am not able to find a parameter structure for configuring VP8 as We have “OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE” ( See Below ) for configuring H.263 params. Is Google working with Khronos group to add a parameter structure type for VP8 ?

4.3.13 OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE

H.263 is a video standard defined by the ITU.  Parameters for this video standard are

controlled using the OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE structure.

OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE is defined as follows.

4.3.13.1  Parameters

The parameters for OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE are defined as follows.

•  nSize is the size of the structure in bytes.  This value shall be specified when this

structure is used as either an input to or output from a function.

•  nVersion is the version of the structure.

typedef struct OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE {

    OMX_U32 nSize;

    OMX_VERSIONTYPE nVersion;

    OMX_U32 nPortIndex;

    OMX_U32 nPFrames;

    OMX_U32 nBFrames;

    OMX_VIDEO_H263PROFILETYPE eProfile;

    OMX_VIDEO_H263LEVELTYPE eLevel;

    OMX_BOOL bPLUSPTYPEAllowed;

    OMX_U32 nAllowedPictureTypes;

    OMX_BOOL bForceRoundingTypeToZero;

    OMX_U32 nPictureHeaderRepetition;

    OMX_U32 nGOBHeaderInterval;

} OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE;

Johann Koenig

Jun 3, 2010, 10:06:21 AM6/3/10
to nimesh.c...@accenture.com, webm-d...@webmproject.org
Nimesh,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 03:58, <nimesh.c...@accenture.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to create an OpenMax component for VP8 to integrate with
> Android-StageFright. But I am not able to find a parameter structure for
> configuring VP8 as We have “OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE” ( See Below ) for
> configuring H.263 params. Is Google working with Khronos group to add a
> parameter structure type for VP8 ?

You don't actually need to pass any parameters to the decoder. It will
determine everything itself from the bitstream you pass in.

Regarding OMX_VIDEO_CODINGTYPE we are looking into adding OMX_VIDEOVp8
(or similar), but have no concrete plans yet.

--
- johann koenig
google

Sunil Deshpande

Jul 9, 2010, 6:33:57 AM7/9/10
to WebM Discussion
Hi Nimesh,

I was searching for the stetergy to integrate the VP8 codec with
stagefright for froyo release. Do you have any updates on this?

I want to know which is the possible way to integrate the VP8 codec
with stage fright framework.

Thanks and Regards,
Sunil Deshpande
Accenture.

On Jun 1, 12:58 pm, <nimesh.chanch...@accenture.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to create an OpenMax component for VP8 to integrate with Android-StageFright. But I am not able to find a parameter structure for configuring VP8 as We have "OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE" ( See Below ) for configuring H.263 params. Is Google working with Khronos group to add a parameter structure type for VP8 ?
>
> 4.3.13 OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE
> H.263 is a video standard defined by the ITU.  Parameters for this video standard are
> controlled using the OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE structure.
> OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE is defined as follows.
>
> 4.3.13.1  Parameters
> The parameters for OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE are defined as follows.
> *  nSize is the size of the structure in bytes.  This value shall be specified when this
> structure is used as either an input to or output from a function.
> *  nVersion is the version of the structure.

Deepa Muthunoori

Jul 9, 2010, 6:41:35 AM7/9/10
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hi Sunil,

I am also trying to integrate the VP8 onto the packet video opencore framework. Can you share any updates you get for your post?

Deepa

Jul 9, 2010, 7:34:44 AM7/9/10
to WebM Discussion
Hi Deepa,

Do you have OMX component for VP8 codec? Id you have any information
send to my mail id sunil.d...@quadsem.com.
Did you integrate any of the codecs with OpenCore/Stagefright? I have
couple of queries for that also?

Can you help me?

Thanks and Regards,
Sunil

On Jul 9, 3:41 pm, Deepa Muthunoori <Deepa.Muthuno...@lntinfotech.com>
wrote:
> Hi Sunil,
>
>     I am also trying to integrate the VP8 onto the packet video opencore framework. Can you share any updates you get for your post?
>
> Deepa

Sunil Deshpande

Jul 9, 2010, 7:39:31 AM7/9/10
to WebM Discussion
Hi All,

Can anybody tell me like can we directly integrate the new codecs like
VP8 without writing OMX compenent for that particaular codec. Just use
the codec library and integarte with frameworks like Opencore /
Stagefright?

Waiting for your help in the form of information.