How about the VP8 version in android2.3

freeway

Nov 7, 2010, 10:26:30 PM11/7/10
to Codec Developers
Hi,

As we know WebM and VP8 will be supported in Android2.3, which will be
released in short time. Here I want to make clear which vesion of VP8
will be inclued in Android2.3, is Aylesbury?

THanks,
Wei

freeway

Nov 7, 2010, 11:41:59 PM11/7/10
to Codec Developers
It is for Android GingerBread, not sure 2.3 or 3.0 yet.

freeway

Nov 9, 2010, 9:13:32 PM11/9/10
to Codec Developers
Is there any one here can help me on this question?
> > Wei- Hide quoted text -

Johann Koenig

Nov 10, 2010, 12:13:40 AM11/10/10
to codec...@webmproject.org
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 21:13, freeway <feiwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any one here can help me on this question?
>
> On Nov 8, 12:41 pm, freeway <feiwei9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is for Android GingerBread, not sure 2.3 or 3.0 yet.
>>
>> On Nov 8, 11:26 am, freeway <feiwei9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > As we know WebM and VP8 will be supported in Android2.3, which will be
>> > released in short time. Here I want to make clear which vesion of VP8
>> > will be inclued in Android2.3, is Aylesbury?

There are no different "versions" of vp8. The changes to the library
from the initial release in May to Aylesbury release have had no
impact on the bitstream. Any project using any version of libvpx can
decode vp8.
--
- johann koenig
google

John Koleszar

Nov 10, 2010, 8:31:02 AM11/10/10
to codec...@webmproject.org
Hi Wei,

I'd be happy to help you with this after the gingerbread source code
is released publicly. In the mean time, if you could go into more
detail about why it matters for you, maybe we can help you in a more
generic sense.

Thanks,

John

John Luther

Nov 11, 2010, 8:12:42 AM11/11/10
to Codec Developers
Hi, Wei. I swear I replied to this on Tuesday but it didn't show up.
Not sure what happened but we will look into it.

Gingerbread will ship with libvpx 0.9.2 and be upgraded to Aylesbury
(0.9.5) in the first maintenance release.

--JL

John Luther

Nov 9, 2010, 6:35:51 AM11/9/10
to Codec Developers
Hi, Wei. Due to the timing, Gingerbread will ship with libvpx 0.9.2
but be upgraded to Aylesbury (0.9.5) in the first maintenance release.

--JL