Edit an animated webp file?

G A

Jul 7, 2022, 3:26:54 AM7/7/22
to WebP Discussion
I am not particularly interested right now in creating animated webp files, but I am interested in editing several webp files I have. Is there a way to edit these files or somehow create a version of the animated webp file that can then be edited? When doing searches, I find nothing about editing files, only about creating files.

Yannis Guyon

Jul 7, 2022, 3:35:16 AM7/7/22
to WebP Discussion, G A
You can use software that is able to read and save animated WebP files, such as:
- Adobe Photoshop with WebPShop plug-in

You can also use a tool to decode each frame from an animated WebP as a separate PNG image, such as:
- anim_dump (available through precompiled binaries)
And then reconstruct all these PNG images (you can have fewer or more than originally) into an animated WebP file with another tool, such as:
- img2webp (available through precompiled binaries)