webp_wasm

Yongzhi Liao

Jun 24, 2024, 1:44:11 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Hello, I have implemented the wasm code of the decoding part in webp_js, but now I am going to implement the encoding part, but I don’t know how to do it? This has troubled me for a long time. I released a sdltowebp in the Makelist.txt file according to the decoding part, but there is no such function in the code. I look forward to your answer, thank you!

James Zern

Jun 24, 2024, 10:09:10 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 10:44 AM Yongzhi Liao <liaoyon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I have implemented the wasm code of the decoding part in webp_js, but now I am going to implement the encoding part, but I don’t know how to do it? This has troubled me for a long time. I released a sdltowebp in the Makelist.txt file according to the decoding part, but there is no such function in the code. I look forward to your answer, thank you!

There's no example of this in libwebp. If you wanted to expose a function for encoding you could write a wrapper and export it using EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS [1]. Squoosh has a WebP Wasm encoder [2] that you might want to look at.