pr...@lucmiteran.com

Nov 24, 2023, 4:24:42 AM11/24/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
hello

I would like to install the webp codec that I foiund visiting you, on my
w8.1 computer, so to be able to open the webp pictures in my sony vegas
pro12. I could find the file with everything apparently needed, but I
can't find any exe to install this codec. could you help me ?

thanks

regards

luc

Vincent Rabaud

Nov 24, 2023, 4:58:07 AM11/24/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Hi, what you need is the WIC plugin. You can download and compile it from https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/webp-wic-codec
I believe we do not provide any builds though: http://downloads.webmproject.org/releases/webp/index.html

James Zern

Dec 4, 2023, 2:53:54 PM12/4/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 1:58 AM 'Vincent Rabaud' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hi, what you need is the WIC plugin. You can download and compile it from https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/webp-wic-codec
I believe we do not provide any builds though: http://downloads.webmproject.org/releases/webp/index.html

We removed this because Microsoft ships their own WIC component with newer versions of Windows. The WIC codec provided by this project wasn't well maintained and didn't have animation support. I don't know if the Microsoft component is available on Windows 8, however. 8.1 is past its end of life I believe.