Building gif2webp for ARM

323 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Lvstb

lukematon,
13.1.2023 klo 15.41.0713.1.2023
vastaanottaja WebP Discussion
Hi, im completely new to this suite but i need to compile a version of gif2webp for ARM and preferably with all libraries included. My google fu didnt help me out yet and i cant seem to find in the docs how to build this and what dependencies need to be installed for this binary.
Anyone care to help me/point me in the right direction?

James Zern

lukematon,
13.1.2023 klo 17.58.2113.1.2023
vastaanottaja webp-d...@webmproject.org
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 12:41 PM 'Lvstb' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hi, im completely new to this suite but i need to compile a version of gif2webp for ARM and preferably with all libraries included. My google fu didnt help me out yet and i cant seem to find in the docs how to build this and what dependencies need to be installed for this binary.
Anyone care to help me/point me in the right direction?

What platform are you targeting (Linux, Mac, Windows)? And are you trying to cross compile or build on native hardware?
The configure script will attempt to detect the dependencies needed and output warnings if they're not found. For this target you'll need --enable-libwebpmux and libgif installed.

Lars Van Steenbergen

lukematon,
14.1.2023 klo 7.46.4314.1.2023
vastaanottaja webp-d...@webmproject.org
Hi, im tagetting linux on AWS fargate graviton.
However at this point in time im trying to build on mac arm locally as a test first.
I already tried installing libgif and setting the 'enable-everything' flag

James Zern

lukematon,
17.1.2023 klo 20.51.2017.1.2023
On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 4:46 AM 'Lars Van Steenbergen' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hi, im tagetting linux on AWS fargate graviton.
However at this point in time im trying to build on mac arm locally as a test first.
I already tried installing libgif and setting the 'enable-everything' flag

Can you attach your config.log? I take it in this case libgif wasn't found? Are you using homebrew, macports or something else to install libgif? Building natively shouldn't require any additional compiler flags, but you might need to specify the path to the libgif headers and library with --with-giflibdir and --with-gifincludedir.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 23:58, 'James Zern' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 12:41 PM 'Lvstb' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hi, im completely new to this suite but i need to compile a version of gif2webp for ARM and preferably with all libraries included. My google fu didnt help me out yet and i cant seem to find in the docs how to build this and what dependencies need to be installed for this binary.
Anyone care to help me/point me in the right direction?

What platform are you targeting (Linux, Mac, Windows)? And are you trying to cross compile or build on native hardware?
The configure script will attempt to detect the dependencies needed and output warnings if they're not found. For this target you'll need --enable-libwebpmux and libgif installed.

Lars Van Steenbergen

lukematon,
19.1.2023 klo 5.52.2519.1.2023
vastaanottaja WebP Discussion, James Zern
I attached the log.
Maybe i should be more specific. Im building it inside a amazonlinux container. So not on mac native.
I am able to build everything now, however certain conversions still fail because of missing libraries.
So if possible i would like to build one binary with all libraries included, can you help me with this please?
config.log

James Zern

lukematon,
19.1.2023 klo 14.55.1219.1.2023
vastaanottaja WebP Discussion

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 2:40 AM Lars Van Steenbergen <lars.van.s...@persgroep.net> wrote:
I attached the log.

1.0.0 is a pretty old version of libwebp, if you can please use the latest release (1.3.0) or the tip of the git tree.

Maybe i should be more specific. Im building it inside a amazonlinux container. So not on mac native.
I am able to build everything now, however certain conversions still fail because of missing libraries.

You're building and running it on the same container or are you trying to build it on the container and run it elsewhere? What kind of library failures are you seeing?

So if possible i would like to build one binary with all libraries included, can you help me with this please?

If you want something portable you can try the precompiled binaries for 1.3.0:

These are statically linked to pull in the dependent libraries.

Lars Van Steenbergen

lukematon,
25.1.2023 klo 4.13.3425.1.2023
vastaanottaja WebP Discussion, James Zern
I would love to use the precompiled binaries, however there are none to use on linux arm? Or am i wrong?

In the meanwhile i was able to get i running by compiling giflib v5 but i do run into issues when building libwebp to a non standard location using --prefix=other/dir, if i do this it cannot find the compiled giflib libraries which are installed under /user/local/lib. Is there a way to tell libwebp where to look?

James Zern

lukematon,
25.1.2023 klo 13.48.1125.1.2023
vastaanottaja Lars Van Steenbergen, WebP Discussion
On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 1:03 AM Lars Van Steenbergen <lars.van.s...@persgroep.net> wrote:
I would love to use the precompiled binaries, however there are none to use on linux arm? Or am i wrong?

Sorry about that, I was still thinking of Arm on Mac. No, there aren't any precompiled builds for Linux currently.

In the meanwhile i was able to get i running by compiling giflib v5 but i do run into issues when building libwebp to a non standard location using --prefix=other/dir, if i do this it cannot find the compiled giflib libraries which are installed under /user/local/lib. Is there a way to tell libwebp where to look?

At configure time you can use --with-giflibdir=DIR and --with-gifincludedir=DIR. At runtime, if the path isn't in /etc/ld.so.conf (or a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/) and you don't want to add it permanently, you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib in the environment.
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä
0 uutta viestiä