Issue 613 in webp: Wrong translation on the german landing page

Skip to the first unread message

timm.… via monorail

31 May 2023, 09:58:3831/05/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 613 by timm....@gmail.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. navigate to "https://developers.google.com/speed/webp?hl=de"

In the first chapter I expect the translation of "lossless and lossy" to be "verlustfrei und verlustbehaftet", not "verlustfrei und verlustfrei" (which means: lossless and lossless)

Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

vrab… via monorail

31 May 2023, 11:02:3131/05/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #1 on issue 613 by vra...@google.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613#c1

Thx for reporting, fixes were made for Germand and Japanese.
Can you please confirm the text is fine everywhere ? Thx.

timm.… via monorail

31 May 2023, 12:41:1731/05/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #2 on issue 613 by timm....@gmail.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613#c2

Confirmed that the German page now reads fine. Thank you very much for the fast reply. Sadly, I can not verify the Japanese version, as I am not fluent in this language :-)

jz… via monorail

31 May 2023, 17:56:0431/05/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Owner: vra...@google.com

Comment #3 on issue 613 by jz...@google.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613#c3

The Japanese page says lossless and lossy in that sentence; I can't verify the rest of the content. Vincent, do you have a reference for how the updates were made?

mar… via monorail

1 Jun 2023, 03:58:4801/06/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 613 by mar...@google.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613#c4

Googlers have access to an "edit page" button in the lower right corner of the page. I made the fix in Japanese, it used to say "ロスレスかつロスレス".

vrab… via monorail

1 Jun 2023, 04:08:5901/06/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 613 by vra...@google.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613#c5

jz… via monorail

1 Jun 2023, 15:34:3901/06/2023
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #6 on issue 613 by jz...@google.com: Wrong translation on the german landing page
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=613#c6

> Googlers have access to an "edit page" button in the lower right corner of the page.

I wonder what happens the next time we update the English page and it goes through auto translation.