Example of metadata file format in webp conversion

Aparana Bhatt

Apr 28, 2021, 12:24:34 AM4/28/21
to WebP Discussion
Hi ,

I am trying to write metadata in webp file using webmux tool where we can pass an input metafile xmpmetadata.xmp format file with required metadata , but there is no sample .xmp or .exif, or .icc file shared which can be used as a reference .

 I have tried key-value pairs, xmp format xml , but the metadata inserted is only getting read by webpmux tool and other tools can not read the XMP metadata which I put in webp file .

If i get a sample metadata file , it would be a great help .I am interested in xmp metadata .

James Zern

Apr 30, 2021, 1:09:51 AM4/30/21
to WebP Discussion
Hi Aparana,

If the xmp is getting inserted correctly then it's up to the application to support extracting and interpreting the data. Chrome for instance will only use the ICC profile and not read XMP.
If you have an example file you can check with webpmux -info or webpinfo to ensure the chunk was successfully added. libwebp treats the chunk as opaque data.

"Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.” – Steve Jobs

VCO Inspiration