that Photoshop 23.2 and above bring native support for opening and saving WebP files.
There are a few limitations:
- Only still images can be read and written; loading a WebP animation will only show the first frame as a single layer.
- Besides the lossy quality parameter and the lossless checkbox, there are fewer encoding settings (no near-lossless, no compression effort tuning).
- There is no preview to help choosing the best quality parameter.
- There is no option to discard the ICC color profile (but it can be done in Photoshop before saving).
- Photoshop may append some metadata bytes to WebP files upon saving them.
The Photoshop plug-in will continue to be maintained.
was recently released with libwebp 1.2.2. It can be installed and used with the latest Photoshop versions.
Open and Save actions offer the choice between native support and WebPShop.
- WebP team -