RGB channels from RGBA WebP files are seemingly broken

GTA Photo Items

Mar 12, 2023, 11:57:24 PM3/12/23
to WebP Discussion
Hello All

This issue is with libwebp-1.3.0. I've taken note that 32-bit RGBA WebP files will create corrupted RGB channels when loaded through the SDK. I had seen that in my own custom importer and thought that it was something I was doing incorrectly. The alpha channel itself may be correct.

However, I was able to replicate it easily with the dwebp.exe test app:

dwebp.exe 1_webp_a.webp -bmp -o 1_webp_a.bmp

The 1_webp_a.webp file is attached to this posting and can also be downloaded from the link on this page:

1_webp_a.bmp
1_webp_a.webp

James Zern

Mar 13, 2023, 4:59:48 PM3/13/23