Why bother?

Jason Malak

May 29, 2018, 1:22:06 PM5/29/18
to WebP Discussion
Graphic designer here.

I'm not sure why we need ANOTHER new format for images, but it's really annoying and if maybe strike a partnership BEFORE you make this live on google, so industry standard programs include this goofy format that would be swell. Clients are going to be sending this ridiculous format as "art".

Who's gonna explain to them how to get a jpeg from a URL and not a webp? Someone at google? Thanks for making my job just THAT MUCH more annoying. Don't talk to me about converters. Either it opens in the programs that I use daily, or it's a useless format to me.

If people want faster loading images, maybe people should learn to optimize images better.

toma...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2018, 1:04:39 AM6/10/18
to WebP Discussion, oph...@gmail.com
There's a whole order of magnitude of difference between optimizing a JPG and a webP.

If you were animating images, you would understand the need for APNG and WEBP.

Chill, broslice.
Message has been deleted

Jason Malak

Dec 14, 2021, 9:06:54 AM12/14/21
to WebP Discussion, toma...@gmail.com, oph...@gmail.com
Well I'm animating images and I have still never used webp format, in fact I just had a webp rejected from a forum for being an invalid format... but you know what format they DID accept? Aesprite extensions.

It's a pain in the ass on a PC and even worse on the phone, I can't believe this dead format still around.

1.jfif