Issue 585 in webp: Xcode warninigs

patri… via monorail

Oct 14, 2022, 2:39:05 AM10/14/22
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 585 by patri...@gmail.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585

Can you fix this warning?

First is in backward_references_enc
Variable 'best_offset' may be uninitialized when used here

Rest are in dec_neon
Variable 'sum_left' may be uninitialized when used here Variable 'sum_top' may be uninitialized when used here

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

jz… via monorail

Oct 14, 2022, 2:55:57 PM10/14/22
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #1 on issue 585 by jz...@google.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585#c1

Thanks for the report. Can you share your version of Xcode and how you're configuring the build please?

patri… via monorail

Oct 18, 2022, 1:15:45 AM10/18/22
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #3 on issue 585 by patri...@gmail.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585#c3

Xcode Version 14.0 (14A309)

jz… via monorail

Oct 18, 2022, 2:46:27 PM10/18/22
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 585 by jz...@google.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585#c4

What version of the library are you building? You can use git describe if building from a git tree.

Did you manually create the Xcode projects or use cmake to generate them? If you used cmake could you include the command or give some instruction in how the project was configured?

jz… via monorail

Oct 20, 2022, 9:44:23 PM10/20/22
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #5 on issue 585 by jz...@google.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585#c5

I don't see any warnings with cmake -G Xcode -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=arm64 or x86_64 using Xcode 14.0.1 (14A400), but I may be missing something related to the configuration.

jz… via monorail

Dec 15, 2022, 8:40:05 PM12/15/22
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #6 on issue 585 by jz...@google.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585#c6

Any update on this one? I don't see any warnings with v1.2.4-130-g1d58575b targeting iOS or arm64 macOS.

jz… via monorail

Jul 7, 2023, 3:45:27 PM7/7/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Labels: -Needs-Feedback

Comment #7 on issue 585 by jz...@google.com: Xcode warninigs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=585#c7

Closing this issue for now. If you have a configuration that produces warnings please add it to the comments.