Issue 623 in webp: Error when compiling under m1 mac

jksty… via monorail

Sep 26, 2023, 4:58:22 AM9/26/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 623 by jksty...@gmail.com: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create empty iOS project using Xcode 14.3.1
2. Downloads xcframeworks from http://downloads.webmproject.org/releases/webp/index.html
3. Drag an drop WebP.xcframework, WebPDemux.xcframework, WebPMux.xcframework to the project
4. Impor encode header file, call WebPPictureImportBGR function, and run

Link error occured:
Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
"_SharpYuvConvert", referenced from:
_ImportYUVAFromRGBA in libwebp.a(libwebpencode_la-picture_csp_enc.o)
"_SharpYuvGetConversionMatrix", referenced from:
_ImportYUVAFromRGBA in libwebp.a(libwebpencode_la-picture_csp_enc.o)
"_SharpYuvInit", referenced from:
_ImportYUVAFromRGBA in libwebp.a(libwebpencode_la-picture_csp_enc.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

WebP.xcframeworks version:1.3.2
Mac(M1 chips), MacOS 13.5, Xcode 14.3.1

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

jz… via monorail

Sep 27, 2023, 3:53:26 PM9/27/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Owner: jz...@google.com

Comment #1 on issue 623 by jz...@google.com: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623#c1

Thanks for the report. It looks like xcframeworkbuild.sh needs an update. That was missed in 1.3.0.

Once I have a fix I'll replace the 1.3.2 archives. In the meantime the archives from 1.2.4 should work.

[1] https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/refs/tags/v1.3.2/xcframeworkbuild.sh

Git Watcher via monorail

Oct 9, 2023, 8:23:08 PM10/9/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 623 by Git Watcher: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623#c2

The following revision refers to this bug:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/38cb4fc0ea29acef1eee39fde80c582f3b00d69f

commit 38cb4fc0ea29acef1eee39fde80c582f3b00d69f
Author: James Zern <jz...@google.com>
Date: Fri Oct 06 23:28:42 2023

iosbuild,xcframeworkbuild: add SharpYuv framework

Provides the missing symbols in WebP.framework & WebP.xcframework:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
"_SharpYuvConvert", referenced from:
_ImportYUVAFromRGBA in libwebp.a(libwebpencode_la-picture_csp_enc.o)
"_SharpYuvGetConversionMatrix", referenced from:
_ImportYUVAFromRGBA in libwebp.a(libwebpencode_la-picture_csp_enc.o)
"_SharpYuvInit", referenced from:
_ImportYUVAFromRGBA in libwebp.a(libwebpencode_la-picture_csp_enc.o)

This was missed in:
c3d0c2d7 fix ios build scripts after sharpyuv dep added

Bug: webp:623
Change-Id: I1c4582ec2cee801b52867674d553900d6028bea8
Fixed: webp:623

[modify] https://crrev.com/38cb4fc0ea29acef1eee39fde80c582f3b00d69f/xcframeworkbuild.sh
[modify] https://crrev.com/38cb4fc0ea29acef1eee39fde80c582f3b00d69f/iosbuild.sh

jz… via monorail

Oct 9, 2023, 8:31:02 PM10/9/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #3 on issue 623 by jz...@google.com: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623#c3

The xcframeworks built with the updated script worked for me in a test app. I'll update the release builds in the next day or so.

jksty… via monorail

Oct 9, 2023, 9:52:50 PM10/9/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 623 by jksty...@gmail.com: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623#c4

Thanks a lot. The updated scripts worked for me too.

Git Watcher via monorail

Oct 10, 2023, 6:38:13 PM10/10/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Labels: merge-merged-1.3.2

Comment #5 on issue 623 by Git Watcher: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623#c5

The following revision refers to this bug:

jz… via monorail

Oct 10, 2023, 7:16:24 PM10/10/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #6 on issue 623 by jz...@google.com: Error when compiling under m1 mac
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=623#c6

Thank you for verifying the fix. I updated the 1.3.2 archive on downloads.webmproject.org.