how to convert entire folder containing jpeg images to web p images on system

MAHESH KANODIA

Oct 26, 2021, 4:22:19 AM10/26/21
to WebP Discussion
how to convert entire folder containing jpeg images to web p images on system

Yannis Guyon

Oct 26, 2021, 4:30:31 AM10/26/21
to WebP Discussion, MAHESH KANODIA
An easy solution for that would be to use ImageMagick:
mogrify -format webp /path/to/folder/*

Pascal Massimino

Oct 26, 2021, 8:07:00 AM10/26/21
to WebP Discussion, MAHESH KANODIA
Hello,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 10:30 AM 'Yannis Guyon' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
An easy solution for that would be to use ImageMagick:
mogrify -format webp /path/to/folder/*

The FAQ also has some command-line samples to convert files in batch:

hope it helps,
skal/

On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 10:22:19 AM UTC+2 MAHESH KANODIA wrote:
how to convert entire folder containing jpeg images to web p images on system

Mobasir Hassan

Dec 14, 2021, 6:03:57 AM12/14/21
to WebP Discussion, pascal.m...@gmail.com, MAHESH KANODIA
I have a similar issue. I have a blog on Google blogger platform and I am using a third party template which only supports one image per blog post. The hero image is the only image in webP format, rest of the images are in jpeg format. I am facing lots of issues in Core web vitals. Is there any possibility for the issue? Or should I change the template. Can I get a little help from here? My blog address is hassanchef.

Yannis Guyon

Dec 14, 2021, 8:02:13 AM12/14/21
to WebP Discussion, mobasi...@gmail.com, pascal.m...@gmail.com, MAHESH KANODIA
What kind of Core Web Vitals issues are you facing?
Indeed I can see on this page that the top image is heavily compressed and has a low resolution.

Is your current template or blog framework handling the image conversion itself?
Otherwise I would suggest manually exporting all your source images as WebP images before inserting them with your framework or template.
If that does not work out, you might consider converting the images afterwards.
If you do not have access to the published contents, you might have to change the template or framework for a WebP-ready one.

Here is a convenient Chrome extension to display which images are WebP ones: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webp-highlighter/aonapkfkfneahhaonjjpmcabpnbdmojl?hl=en