Issue 18 in webp2: Cannot submit a patch to review in the refs/for/main

lipen… via monorail

Oct 22, 2023, 9:54:28 PM10/22/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 18 by lipen...@intel.com: Cannot submit a patch to review in the refs/for/main
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp2/issues/detail?id=18

What steps will reproduce the problem?
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/main
Enumerating objects: 22, done.
Counting objects: 100% (22/22), done.
Delta compression using up to 160 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
Writing objects: 100% (12/12), 2.58 KiB | 2.58 MiB/s, done.
Total 12 (delta 11), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (11/11)
remote: Waiting for private key checker: 4/4 objects left
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To https://chromium.googlesource.com/codecs/libwebp2
! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/main (commit af9556e: you are not allowed to upload merges)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://chromium.googlesource.com/codecs/libwebp2'

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

ygu… via monorail

Oct 23, 2023, 4:41:05 AM10/23/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 18 by ygu...@google.com: Cannot submit a patch to review in the refs/for/main
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp2/issues/detail?id=18#c1

Thank you for the report.
Could you give all the instructions leading to that error from the beginning (git clone)?
The error "not allowed to upload merges" implies that you are trying to send for review a change that contains a merge. I suggest rebasing your modifications on top of head first, then sending only the new commits.

lipen… via monorail

Oct 24, 2023, 2:28:07 AM10/24/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #2 on issue 18 by lipen...@intel.com: Cannot submit a patch to review in the refs/for/main
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp2/issues/detail?id=18#c2

Yes, I merged the commits. Rebase works. Thanks.

ygu… via monorail

Oct 24, 2023, 4:10:09 AM10/24/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates: