Issue 534 in webp: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.

mm494… via monorail

Jul 21, 2021, 4:09:04 AM7/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 534 by mm494...@gmail.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.image convert webp format
2.But not upload this error generate
3.This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.

''This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading."

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

mar… via monorail

Jul 21, 2021, 4:23:05 AM7/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 534 by mar...@google.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534#c1

Hi, it looks like you are trying to use a WebP image with Wordpress?
Wordpress just added WebP support in the latest version, version 5.8.
If you are the owner of the Wordpress website, you should update it to 5.8. See https://wordpress.org/support/article/updating-wordpress/
If you are not the owner of the website, please contact the website owners instead.

mm494… via monorail

Jul 21, 2021, 4:37:49 AM7/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #2 on issue 534 by mm494...@gmail.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534#c2

Wordpress new version install but problem no solove

mar… via monorail

Jul 21, 2021, 5:11:25 AM7/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #3 on issue 534 by mar...@google.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534#c3

If you have the latest version, I think it's possible that the PHP server doesn't support webp. Wordpress relies on imagick, or libGD if imagick is not installed. If you don't have imagick, try installing it? Or updating it? If you are using a lossless webp in particular, you need imagick.

In the wordpress backend, if you go to the "Tools" menu, then "Site Health", there is a "Media Handling" section that should show the version of imagick (if present) and supported image formats.

I am not a wordpress expert, so if that doesn't help, you should be able to get help from the Wordpress support forums: https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

mm494… via monorail

Jul 21, 2021, 5:36:12 AM7/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 534 by mm494...@gmail.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534#c4

No solove this problem

jz… via monorail

Jul 21, 2021, 2:24:30 PM7/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Cc: adams...@earthboundhosting.com

Comment #5 on issue 534 by jz...@google.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534#c5

Adam, any pointers on debugging a wordpress setup?

adams… via monorail

Jul 22, 2021, 10:06:26 AM7/22/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #6 on issue 534 by adams...@earthboundhosting.com: This image cannot be processed by the web server. Convert it to JPEG or PNG before uploading.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=534#c6

Can you please check the Image Handling information under Tools->Sit3 Health. This will tell you what image engine your server is using and what image formats it supports. what does it say?

If you don't have webp support, you may need to ask your host to add it. Where is the site hosted?

Yvon Kim

Oct 28, 2021, 4:44:02 PM10/28/21
to WebP Discussion, adams… via monorail, no_r...@monorail-prod.appspotmail.com
Bluehost for me. I have the same problem

Sulaman Wadiwala

Jan 13, 2022, 4:45:30 AM1/13/22
to WebP Discussion, mar… via monorail, no_r...@monorail-prod.appspotmail.com
After Installing GD & Imagick Lib it started working ..
Thanks you very muck ..

Sazzad Hossain

Jan 31, 2022, 4:29:46 AM1/31/22
to WebP Discussion, Sulaman Wadiwala
how to install GD & Imagick lib on Bluehost, please tell me, I need this very soon.

christhu raja

Mar 28, 2022, 6:52:13 AM3/28/22
to WebP Discussion, Sazzad Hossain, Sulaman Wadiwala
for this error happened when i updated to the latest php update...downgrade the php version ....for me the required libraries got installed when i downgraded