Issue 509 in webp: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too

vap… via monorail

Feb 21, 2021, 11:54:57 AM2/21/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 509 by vap...@chromium.org: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=509

atm the cmake module is only installed when cmake itself is used to build libwebp. but anyone who wants to use webp in their own projects need access to that webp module too. the autotools build system should be installing it as well.

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

jz… via monorail

Feb 22, 2021, 6:52:08 PM2/22/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 509 by jz...@google.com: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=509#c1

I think that makes sense, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

jz… via monorail

Jun 25, 2021, 1:48:40 PM6/25/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #3 on issue 509 by jz...@google.com: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=509#c3

Currently cmake installs:
WebPConfig.cmake
WebPConfigVersion.cmake
WebPTargets.cmake
WebPTargets-release.cmake
through use of CMakePackageConfigHelpers [1].

Creating a trivial WebPConfig.cmake in autoconf seems feasible, maintaining a Targets.cmake would be cumbersome. If a distro wanted this it might be better to extract those files from a cmake-based build.

As a workaround the autoconf based build does install pkg-config files which can be queried with FindPkgConfig() [2].

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.20/module/CMakePackageConfigHelpers.html
[2] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.20/module/FindPkgConfig.html

jz… via monorail

Jun 25, 2021, 2:33:09 PM6/25/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 509 by jz...@google.com: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=509#c4

Another option for future releases might be to add a FindWebP module to cmake itself [1].

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/FindPNG.html

Git Watcher via monorail

Jun 29, 2021, 2:57:18 PM6/29/21
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #5 on issue 509 by Git Watcher: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=509#c5

The following revision refers to this bug:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/97adbba51326e3920c5d8f46d4ffdc937982835e

commit 97adbba51326e3920c5d8f46d4ffdc937982835e
Author: James Zern <jz...@google.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 17:49:14 2021

WebPConfig.config.in: correct WEBP_INCLUDE_DIRS

this should be the full path to the installed headers to be added to the
client code's search path, e.g., /usr/local/include when including
<webp/decode.h>

Bug: webp:509
Change-Id: I756249876d8de421c9a33513221fb635157560ef

[modify] https://crrev.com/97adbba51326e3920c5d8f46d4ffdc937982835e/cmake/WebPConfig.cmake.in

bossm… via monorail

Mar 15, 2023, 9:59:00 PM3/15/23
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #7 on issue 509 by bossm...@gmail.com: cmake module should be installed by autotools builds too
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=509#c7

wishes it was much simpeler with all this codes ,..... need too do wine easier too install walla¨