WebP encoder optimization

磯崎希(nontan)

Apr 7, 2023, 12:50:23 AM4/7/23
to WebP Discussion

Hi, everyone.

Recently I'm working on optimizing WebP encoder and I've made it 4% faster than the current implementation with a small improvement. In brief, ITransform_SSE2() could be more efficient in case that do_two is 0.

If you are interested in this, I'll post the detail and my patch. (Do I need to execute the CLA before posting?)

I would be glad if I could contribute to the upstream!

Yannis Guyon

Apr 7, 2023, 5:16:26 AM4/7/23
to WebP Discussion, 磯崎希(nontan)
Hello! Thanks for your interest in contributing. Please see some guidelines here: https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/HEAD/CONTRIBUTING.md
To answer your question: you need to submit a CLA before submitting a patch.

Instructions for sending a commit:
cd libwebp
Copy the commit-msg script into ./git/hooks (this will add an ID to all of your commits):
curl -Lo .git/hooks/commit-msg https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/tools/hooks/commit-msg && chmod u+x .git/hooks/commit-msg
Modify the code here.
git commit -a -m "My great commit name"
Go to https://chromium-review.googlesource.com to view your patch and request a review from the maintainers.

磯崎希(nontan)

Apr 10, 2023, 10:37:58 AM4/10/23
to WebP Discussion, Yannis Guyon, 磯崎希(nontan)
I understand.
In my company, I'm requesting for approval of signing the CLA and it will take some time before completion.

Thank you for your patience.