How to view/convert .IVF files using VLC Media Player

Chris Forbes

Jul 11, 2024, 1:10:07 PM (9 days ago) Jul 11
to WebM Discussion
Hi there, I'm looking for some help with viewing and converting .IVF files using VLC Media Player if anyone can help?! I'm an absolute novice at this kinda thing!

James Zern

Jul 11, 2024, 4:52:22 PM (9 days ago) Jul 11
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 10:10 AM Chris Forbes <chrisf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, I'm looking for some help with viewing and converting .IVF files using VLC Media Player if anyone can help?! I'm an absolute novice at this kinda thing!

vlc should be able to handle ivf files directly. If you'd like to change the container without reencoding the content you can use ffmpeg:

VP8/9 IVF files to webm:
ffmpeg -i input.ivf -c:v copy output.webm

VP9/AV1 IVF files to mp4:
ffmpeg -i input.ivf -c:v copy output.mp4