Issues Building iosbuild.sh on Apple M1

Norris Wise Jr.

May 26, 2023, 3:09:33 PM5/26/23
to WebM Discussion
Hey Guys,

I am having issues building the libvpx framework. Whenever I run iosbuild.sh.

Please see below:

  1.  ../libvpx/build/make/iosbuild.sh --show-build-output --preserve-build-output

Output:
             make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.
             iosbuild.sh failed because: build exited with error (2)

I think this is calling the incorrect Makefile, as there is a Makefile in the same directory as iosbuild.sh and root of libvpx.

It should also be noted that when I have a co-worker run this on an Intel machine they did not have any issues installing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Norris

James Zern

May 26, 2023, 3:20:29 PM5/26/23
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hi,

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 12:09 PM 'Norris Wise Jr.' via WebM Discussion <webm-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am having issues building the libvpx framework. Whenever I run iosbuild.sh.

Please see below:

  1.  ../libvpx/build/make/iosbuild.sh --show-build-output --preserve-build-output

Output:
             make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.
             iosbuild.sh failed because: build exited with error (2)

Is there any output before this? I'm wondering if there's a configuration failure. With --show-build-output it should include the configure output.

I think this is calling the incorrect Makefile, as there is a Makefile in the same directory as iosbuild.sh and root of libvpx.

There shouldn't be a top-level Makefile unless you have configured libvpx in the source tree. Try starting with a new clone of libvpx and invoking iosbuild.sh from a separate build directory.
If there are still failures then --verbose might give a little more detail. Otherwise the script can be run with "bash -x ..." to show each step the script is taking.
I don't have access to an M1, but I wouldn't expect the behavior to be different from an Intel machine.

It should also be noted that when I have a co-worker run this on an Intel machine they did not have any issues installing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Norris

Norris Wise Jr.

Jun 1, 2023, 1:20:16 AM6/1/23
to WebM Discussion, James Zern
Hey James,

I have re-cloned the framework, created another build directory, and ran the recommended commands. Here are the results:

First Run

shot1.png

Second Run
shot2.png