Libvpx iOS Support

Tom Finegan

Oct 27, 2014, 7:14:38 PM10/27/14
to WebM Discussion
# VPX.framework
Support for building a libvpx framework has been added to the libvpx git repository. The script iosbuild.sh will build the framework, and is located in the build/make subdirectory of the repository.

The framework contains everything necessary to build and run applications that contain libvpx on iOS devices and within the iOS simulator.

# VPXExample.app
An example application that decodes VPx video has been added to the webm-tools repository. It's located within the vpx_ios subdirectory of the repository.

More information, including instructions for building the framework and example application, can be found in README.VPXExample.

Lou Quillio

Oct 27, 2014, 7:43:43 PM10/27/14
to WebM Discussion
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM, 'Tom Finegan' via WebM Discussion
<webm-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
> # VPX.framework
> Support for building a libvpx framework has been added to the libvpx git
> repository. The script iosbuild.sh will build the framework, and is located
> in the build/make subdirectory of the repository.
>
> The framework contains everything necessary to build and run applications
> that contain libvpx on iOS devices and within the iOS simulator.
>
> # VPXExample.app
> An example application that decodes VPx video has been added to the
> webm-tools repository. It's located within the vpx_ios subdirectory of the
> repository.

VPXEample.app demo here: http://demos.webmproject.org/ios/vp9

LQ

--
Lou Quillio
Webmaster, WebMProject.org

Dorian

Jun 11, 2015, 1:19:23 PM6/11/15
to webm-d...@webmproject.org

Hello!

Assuming one has OGG.framework and Vorbis.framework already built, do you have some hints or guidelines to implement the missing link, that is, adding in the example also the decoding and playing of the audio of a webm (VP9 + Vorbis) file?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Dorian

Hangyu Kuang

Jun 12, 2015, 7:37:08 PM6/12/15
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Not sure what you need for your project. But you may find this useful for you:
https://github.com/kolyvan/kxmovie. Just hack it a little bit and build the ffmpeg with libvpx support. You could easily switch between ffvp9 and libvpx-vp9.  I tried it myself and it worked like a charm.

Brion Vibber

Jun 17, 2015, 2:32:47 PM6/17/15
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:17 AM, Dorian <crap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Assuming one has OGG.framework and Vorbis.framework already built, do you have some hints or guidelines to implement the missing link, that is, adding in the example also the decoding and playing of the audio of a webm (VP9 + Vorbis) file?

I'm working on a lightweight player for WebM and Ogg media files for use in the Wikipedia iPhone app; it still needs a lot of work before I package it up for CocoaPods but once-through playback with audio is working and it may give you some ideas:

Beware that WebM playback was *just* added this morning and VP9 is currently completely untested. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / bvibber @ wikimedia.org)

Norris Wise Jr.

May 24, 2023, 7:36:29 PM5/24/23
to WebM Discussion, Brion Vibber
Hey Guys,

I am trying to use iosbuild.sh referenced in:

Output:
`make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.`

..I have tried a few things but could not get past this. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Norris

James Zern

May 25, 2023, 12:43:17 PM5/25/23
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hi,

On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 4:36 PM 'Norris Wise Jr.' via WebM Discussion <webm-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hey Guys,

Generally it's better to start a new mail thread if you're having an issue rather than replying to an old and only somewhat related thread.

I am trying to use iosbuild.sh referenced in:

Output:
`make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.`

..I have tried a few things but could not get past this. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Try adding --show-build-output to help diagnose the problem:

This builds successfully for me at v1.13.0-350-g47fa9804b using macports to provide the build dependencies.

Thanks,
Norris