Issue 1775 in webm: How to play transparent webm video?

teemo… via monorail

Aug 15, 2022, 10:06:19 PM8/15/22
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Pri-2 Type-Enhancement
Components: libvpx

New issue 1775 by teemo...@gmail.com: How to play transparent webm video?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webm/issues/detail?id=1775

Using vpxplayer to play transparent webm video, the background is black, how can I play transparent webm video correctly?

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

teemo… via monorail

Aug 15, 2022, 11:03:52 PM8/15/22
to webm-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #1 on issue 1775 by teemo...@gmail.com: How to play transparent webm video?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webm/issues/detail?id=1775#c1

iOS platform

Using vpxplayer to play transparent webm video on iOS platform, the background is black, how to play transparent webm video correctly?

jz… via monorail

Aug 16, 2022, 4:22:06 PM8/16/22
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Cc: tomfi...@google.com

Comment #2 on issue 1775 by jz...@google.com: How to play transparent webm video?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webm/issues/detail?id=1775#c2

Do you mean https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/webm-tools/+/refs/heads/main/vpx_ios/ or another player?

In the VPXExample player in vpx_ios some additional code would be needed to decode the alpha plane. It's stored separately to the main video [1].

[1] http://wiki.webmproject.org/alpha-channel

teemo… via monorail

Aug 16, 2022, 10:29:38 PM8/16/22
to webm-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #3 on issue 1775 by teemo...@gmail.com: How to play transparent webm video?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webm/issues/detail?id=1775#c3

Yes, in the VPXExample player of vpx_ios.
These additional decoding alpha plane codes, do I need to implement the code by myself? Or is it already in the webm project? If it is open source, can you provide the url?

jz… via monorail

Aug 17, 2022, 4:55:44 PM8/17/22
to webm-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 1775 by jz...@google.com: How to play transparent webm video?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webm/issues/detail?id=1775#c4

There's no implementation for this in this player. You can see an example of decoding both streams in ffmpeg [1]. The side data referenced there is the block additional data from the webm file.

[1] https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.git/blob/refs/heads/release/5.1:/libavcodec/libvpxdec.c#l218