libvpx v1.9.0 Quacking Duck has been released.
This release adds support for NV12, a separate library for rate control, as
well as incremental improvements.
- NV12 support is added to this release.
- A new interface is added for VP9 rate control. The new library libvp9rc.a must be linked by applications.
- Googletest is updated to v1.10.0.
- simple_encode.cc is compiled into a new library libsimple_encode.a with CONFIG_RATE_CTRL.
- Various changes to improve VP9 SVC, rate control, quality and speed to real time encoding.
- Bug fixes:
- Fix key frame update refresh simulcast flexible svc.
- Fix to disable_16x16part speed feature for real time encoding.
- Fix some signed integer overflows for VP9 rate control.
- Fix initialization of delta_q_uv.
- Fix condition in regulate_q for cyclic refresh.
- Various fixes to dynamic resizing for VP9 SVC.