Can you help on questions about adding VP9 support on my application with libvpx?

jim

Jun 22, 2015, 9:32:00 PM6/22/15
to Jim Bankoski, apps-devel

Hi Jim,

I am to add VP9 support in my project with libvpx, can you help to answer the following questions:

- What example can I refer to for how to use the encoder and decoder?

- What is the difference between the vp9_lossless_encoder.c, vp9_spatial_svc_encoder.c and vex_temporal_svc_encoder.c under the examples directory? Does it means that there are three modes the encoder works: losslessspatial sac and temporal svc,  what is the use case for these modes respectively?

- Does it means that the client do not need to tell the decoder what mode the encoder work?

Your help will be really appreciated!

Regards,

Jim

jim

Jun 24, 2015, 6:11:54 AM6/24/15
to Jim Bankoski, apps-devel, william

Hi experts,

I am to add VP9 support in my project with libvpx, can you help to answer the following questions:

1. Is there anything update for the RTP Payload Format for VP9 Video (draft-uberti-payload-vp9-01) for payload header and RTCP feedback message ?

2. For VP9, the encoded data are not packed into partitions as the way the VP8 does, i.e. there are only one partition, right ?

3. Is it correct that the application for encoder ( the sender in the case of video communication ) decide whether to send all the layers or just the base layer to the decoder( the receiver in the case of video communication ) ?

4. How the encoder get the infomation about the networking situation? by the RTCP receiver report ?

5. What API we can use to discard some layer ? and is there any exaples in the libvpx ? In this case, how to let the decoder know that some layer has been discarded ?

6. How to set the rc_end_usage? What is the case should the application use the VPX_VBR/VPX_CBR/VPX_CQ/VPX_Q ?

Your help will be really appreciated!

Best Regards,

Jim

+86 18666273683

Justek LLC.

jim

Jun 28, 2015, 11:52:28 PM6/28/15
to Jim Bankoski, apps-devel

Hi experts,

Can anybody help to answer the questions listed in last mail?

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

Jim Wei

+86 18666273683