webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format?

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? Y. Storm 4/20/13 4:34 PM
Hi folks!
I would not normally venture into this area but I really HATE webp, and I want to get it out of my chrome. How do I disable this monster?

I do graphic design and I find it beyond annoying to have to have a special viewer for this thing, I want my images to be in .jpg. like it was before. Any help is vastly appreciated!

Thank you very much!!!

Stormy
Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? luncha...@gmail.com 4/21/13 5:54 AM
I'm with you on this Stormy, why on earth have they done this....IE doesnt work on Facebook and why should we download another browser all because someone decided to change
Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? tamel...@gmail.com 4/21/13 5:14 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. It's idiotic!

Den söndagen den 21:e april 2013 kl. 01:34:26 UTC+2 skrev yst...@gmail.com:
Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? Y. Storm 4/21/13 7:08 PM
I have gone back to firefox, but it is a shame because I really did like the chrome browser a lot.....there has to be a way to shut that blasted thing off!
Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? patrick...@gmail.com 4/23/13 2:16 PM
On Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:34:26 PM UTC-5, yst...@gmail.com wrote:
I do graphic design and I find it beyond annoying to have to have a special viewer for this thing

You don't need a special viewer if you install the WebP Codec for Windows at https://code.google.com/p/webp/downloads/detail?name=WebpCodecSetup.exe. This will let you view the images in Windows Photo Viewer. (Not sure if it's compatible with Windows 8, but it works fine on Windows 7.)
Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? oX Triangle 4/23/13 4:36 PM
yes on win8 works fine..

i use irfanview for viewing in fullscreen
and for photoshop exist a webp-plugin
(but its only support v0.1)
gimp & imagemagik & xnview and ALL WIC-enabled Apps support WebP
or u can use Chrome/Opera as Viewer...

Am Dienstag, 23. April 2013 23:16:47 UTC+2 schrieb patrick...@gmail.com:
On Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:34:26 PM UTC-5, yst...@gmail.com wrote:
I do graphic design and I find it beyond annoying to have to have a special viewer for this thing

You don't need a special viewer if you install the WebP Codec for Windows at https://code.google.com/p/webp/downloads/detail?name=WebpCodecSetup.exe. This will let you view the images in Windows Photo Viewer. (Not sure if it's compatible with Windows 8, but it works fine on Windows 7.)
Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? David Stone 5/25/13 10:00 PM
This brings up an interesting problem. While most users probably won't notice WebP is even being used on a page if they ever try to download it they would run in to problem trying to use the image in any other program.

I have developed a simple Chrome Extension the provides a solution to this.
Save Image As Type Adds an option to the right-click context menu to save an image as JPEG, PNG or WebP if you want. Uses html5 canvas to do the format conversion. Works just like the regular "Save Image As..." built in browser capability except it converts it to the desired format.

Let me know if you find it useful.

Re: webp. I don't like it, how can I revert back to the usual .jpg format? oX Triangle 5/26/13 5:50 AM
extension loaded.. but after click on one of this 3 menupoints
nothing is happen... no reaction