|[ANN] libwebp 0.4.0||James Zern||12/30/13 9:53 AM|
I've finalized the 0.4.0 release , there were no changes from rc1. This release contains all the work that was done to add animated WebP support to Chrome .
I've also added a couple new windows archives with Windows Imaging Component (WIC) support disabled as we're still missing full metadata support on that side. These 'non-wic' builds have feature parity with Linux and Mac.
From the NEWS file:
* improved gif2webp tool
* numerous fixes, compression improvement and speed-up
* dither option added to decoder (dwebp -dither 50 ...)
* improved multi-threaded modes (-mt option)
* improved filtering strength determination
* New function: WebPMuxGetCanvasSize
* BMP and TIFF format output added to 'dwebp'
* Significant memory reduction for decoding lossy images with alpha.
* Intertwined decoding of RGB and alpha for a shorter
* WebPIterator has a new member 'has_alpha' denoting whether the frame
* Container spec amended with new 'blending method' for animation.
As a reminder downloads via google code are slated to be disabled on 1/15/2014 so I'll be making an announcement soon regarding the new location.
|Re: [ANN] libwebp 0.4.0||skal||1/14/14 12:29 AM|
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM, James Zern <jz...@google.com> wrote:
FYI: note that the Chromium tree has now been updated to libwebp-0.4.0
|Re: [ANN] libwebp 0.4.0||skal||1/19/14 3:50 AM|
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Pascal Massimino <pascal.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Also: this version has been packaged in Debian and will be making
its way to stable progressively.