No vp9?

jp4...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2016, 11:53:39 PM9/19/16
to WebP Discussion

Sorry for my naive question...

1)
I just git libvpx and have it built and installed. However, the source code comes with a directory "vp9", but after the installation, there is NO folder named "vp9" at all, but ONLY "vp8".
Can anybody give me a hand?

2)
Any vp9 sample code?
It seems there are bunch of ffmpeg command line to use, but few C++ source code? Any fundamental suggestions?

Thank you very much...
Pei

James Zern

Sep 20, 2016, 11:04:17 PM9/20/16
to WebP Discussion, WebM Discussion
Hi,

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 8:53:39 PM UTC-7, Pei JIA wrote:

Sorry for my naive question...

webm-discuss@ would be a better choice. I cc'd that list, please respond there.

1)
I just git libvpx and have it built and installed. However, the source code comes with a directory "vp9", but after the installation, there is NO folder named "vp9" at all, but ONLY "vp8".
Can anybody give me a hand?

Do you mean the header, vp8.h? That's a leftover oversight made during the release of vp9; it contains references to the vp9 codec and controls.

2)
Any vp9 sample code?
It seems there are bunch of ffmpeg command line to use, but few C++ source code? Any fundamental suggestions?

Mostly the files in examples/ and vpxdec/vpxenc.c serve as API examples. There is some light documentation in the headers themselves as well as the html generated from them [1].