Convert your images to WebP format. by grunt-webp

Mr. Pleb web designer

Aug 27, 2016, 6:49:04 AM8/27/16
to WebP Discussion
Hi, Grunt-webp plugin depends on WebP's cwebp encoder and I need to install the WebP Package. How can I install this package?

thanks

Vincent Rabaud

Aug 29, 2016, 4:37:07 AM8/29/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
When you downloaded and uncompressed the archives from the web page you mention, what did not work? Which OS are you on ?
This is probably a step the grunt-webp developers should document better.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Mr. Pleb web designer <mr.pleb.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Grunt-webp plugin depends on WebP's cwebp encoder and I need to install the WebP Package. How can I install this package?

thanks

James Zern

Aug 30, 2016, 6:12:33 PM8/30/16
to WebP Discussion
Hi,

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 3:49:04 AM UTC-7, Mr. Pleb web designer wrote:
Hi, Grunt-webp plugin depends on WebP's cwebp encoder and I need to install the WebP Package. How can I install this package?

Depending on the OS there may be other options, but what the grunt-webp link is referring to is the binary archives we make available with each release, you can extract cwebp from there [1][2][3].

     (-x64 is also available)
    (-x86-64 is also available)

thanks