Issue 345 in webp: Image format conversion(jpg2webp) causes image color difference

zhihuime… via monorail

May 12, 2017, 5:15:52 AM5/12/17
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 345 by zhihuime...@gmail.com: Image format conversion(jpg2webp) causes image color difference
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=345

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. cwebp -q 80 -o test.webp test.jpg

1. the image(webp) becomes dim after convered
2. the difference can be found in the attached files;

1. cwebp of libwebp Version:0.6.0
2. macOS Sierra Version:10.12

1. I think th difference is resulted by this reason:
the webp use yuv420p, color space is (16,235), the jpg use yuvj420p, color space is (0,255);
2. can I solve this color difference by some args of cwebp? Thanks!

Attachments:
test.webp 17.8 KB
test.jpg 23.4 KB

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

pascal.m… via monorail

May 12, 2017, 9:10:36 AM5/12/17
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Owner: pascal.m...@gmail.com

Comment #1 on issue 345 by pascal.m...@gmail.com: Image format conversion(jpg2webp) causes image color difference
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=345#c1

This is similar to issue #346: the original .jpg has an ICC information,
that needs to be copied over to the .webp using '-metadata all'.

cwebp test.jpg -metadata all -o test2.webp

Attached, the result, with the proper coloration.

Attachments:
test2.webp 18.4 KB