Issue 240 in webp: Webp Codec Install Fail

we...@googlecode.com

Feb 3, 2015, 8:46:47 PM2/3/15
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 240 by ybl3...@gmail.com: Webp Codec Install Fail
https://code.google.com/p/webp/issues/detail?id=240

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Install fail Using by Windows installer
2.MessageBox show me The error code is 2324
3.

I would like to use the webp codec for Windows. My OS is Microsoft Windows
7 64-bit SP1

issue notifications to this address.

we...@googlecode.com

Feb 3, 2015, 10:09:19 PM2/3/15
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #1 on issue 240 by jz...@google.com: Webp Codec Install Fail
https://code.google.com/p/webp/issues/detail?id=240

I believe the error code referenced is '2324 Could not open file:' [1].
This hasn't been updated in some time, but I have a similar setup and the
latest version (0.19) [2] installs correctly for me, also on Windows 8.

The installer should require admin access, but to be sure are you running
as admin or seeing a request for admin credentials?
Did you change the install location or select 'Typical'?

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372835(v=vs.85).aspx
[2] https://code.google.com/p/webp/downloads/detail?name=WebpCodecSetup.exe