Compiling cwebp for Android, PNG support not compiled.

janjo...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2014, 9:43:17 AM12/22/14
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
I'm trying to build cwepb for Android. After compilation and pushing I'm presented with:

PNG support not compiled. Please install the libpng development package before building.

How do I compile PNG ( / JPEG) support into the package? I've tried adding png.h support by adding

WEBP_CFLAGS += -I ~/repos/platform_external_jpeg -I ~/repos/platform_external_libpng
and the -o symbols for libpng, but no luck.

Adding LOCAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES := lpng without lpng being available does not even give me a warning either...

James Zern

Dec 22, 2014, 12:25:22 PM12/22/14
to webp-d...@webmproject.org, janjo...@gmail.com
Hi,
 The only time I tried this I copied the directories under external (png, zlib) from aosp and massaged their Android.mk's to allow them to be used by the examples.

janjo...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2015, 12:29:40 PM1/20/15
to webp-d...@webmproject.org, janjo...@gmail.com
In case anyone runs into the same issue: http://ee.telenor.io/gonzo/webp/2015/01/20/webp.html