Issue 307 in webp: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors

jjx… via monorail

Aug 26, 2016, 10:33:06 AM8/26/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 307 by jjx...@gmail.com: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=307

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Built WebP framework from iosbuild.sh
2. Add framework to new project
3. Add UIImage+WebP.h and UIImage+WebP.m
4. Build
5. Linker errors everywhere

I expected to have 0 linker errors. Instead I got this:
"_WebPConfigInitInternal", referenced from:

"_WebPValidateConfig", referenced from:

"_WebPPictureImportRGBA", referenced from:

"_WebPPictureARGBToYUVA", referenced from:

"_WebPCleanupTransparentArea", referenced from:

"_WebPPictureInitInternal", referenced from:

"_WebPPictureFree", referenced from:

"_WebPMemoryWriterInit", referenced from:

"_WebPMemoryWrite", referenced from:

"_WebPEncode", referenced from:

Latest source code as of 2016-08-26

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

jz… via monorail

Aug 30, 2016, 6:07:55 PM8/30/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 307 by jz...@google.com: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=307#c1

Thanks for the report. iosbuild.sh enables [1] and includes [2] the decode only version of the lib. We should probably fix that. In the meantime, you can modify line 115 to use libwebp.a instead.

[1] https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/0.5.1/iosbuild.sh#106
[2] https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/0.5.1/iosbuild.sh#115

jjx… via monorail

Oct 7, 2016, 11:07:04 AM10/7/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #2 on issue 307 by jjx...@gmail.com: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=307#c2

Thanks that resolved it, seems like a great default, or maybe a command line argument to toggle back and forth. Thanks for making the script!

jz… via monorail

Nov 28, 2016, 7:09:48 PM11/28/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #3 on issue 307 by jz...@google.com: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=307#c3

Issue 318 has been merged into this issue.

bugdro… via monorail

Dec 12, 2016, 3:50:30 PM12/12/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 307 by bugd...@chromium.org: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=307#c4

The following revision refers to this bug:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/1d5046d1f9a863d8a13460e5405fef8c0acd3db0

commit 1d5046d1f9a863d8a13460e5405fef8c0acd3db0
Author: James Zern
Date: Sat Dec 10 03:08:53 2016

iosbuild.sh: add WebPDecoder.framework + encoder

WebPDecoder.framework replaces WebP.framework as the decode-only
framework.
WebP.framework now includes the full library allowing for use of the
encoder.

BUG=webp:307

Change-Id: Ic8139f201576bf94b0d4a31cb7cad0655cd8ba97

[modify] https://crrev.com/1d5046d1f9a863d8a13460e5405fef8c0acd3db0/iosbuild.sh

jz… via monorail

Dec 21, 2016, 3:25:33 PM12/21/16
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 307 by jz...@google.com: iosbuild.sh framework linker errors
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=307#c5

This change was included in the 0.5.2 release. Thanks again for the report. If there are other issues please file a new bug.