WebP is now supported on Safari 10 both on macOS sierra and iOS 10

Roney Thomas

Jul 10, 2016, 1:48:07 AM7/10/16
to WebP Discussion
So i was working on an android app that uses WebP as drawable and the finder started correctly showing WebP image. After updating to the preview release of macOS.

Pascal Massimino

Jul 10, 2016, 3:30:52 AM7/10/16
to WebP Discussion
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Roney Thomas <roneyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
So i was working on an android app that uses WebP as drawable and the finder started correctly showing WebP image. After updating to the preview release of macOS.

Excellent! Are animations supported too (like this page for instance)?

m...@aaron.gy

Aug 15, 2016, 3:07:45 PM8/15/16
to WebP Discussion
For me, no. Nor are the "lossy" samples.

Pascal Massimino

Aug 15, 2016, 3:10:32 PM8/15/16
to WebP Discussion
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:05 PM, <m...@aaron.gy> wrote:
For me, no. Nor are the "lossy" samples.

Unfortunately, it seems WebP support was removed from MacOS preview without explanation (starting at Beta 4).
Hope it's just temporary!

skal/