libvpx-VP9 reference slots

Yang Liu

Sep 14, 2017, 9:37:00 PM9/14/17
to webp-d...@webmproject.org
In the libvpx-VP8 implementation, we can tell the encoder to not reference, force update, or don't update last, altr, or gold frames by using the flags defined in vp8cx.h.

The VP9 decoder supports 8 reference slots, but I don't see an API in libvpx-VP9 to control which slot to update to / reference from.  Is there some way for the application to configure these slots, or are the slots internal to the encoder?

Thanks,
Yang

James Zern

Sep 14, 2017, 9:41:16 PM9/14/17
to WebP Discussion, yng...@gmail.com
Hi,

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 6:37:00 PM UTC-7, Yang Liu wrote:
In the libvpx-VP8 implementation, we can tell the encoder to not reference, force update, or don't update last, altr, or gold frames by using the flags defined in vp8cx.h.

The VP9 decoder supports 8 reference slots, but I don't see an API in libvpx-VP9 to control which slot to update to / reference from.  Is there some way for the application to configure these slots, or are the slots internal to the encoder?

This list is for the webp image format, based in part on VP8. For libvpx questions you'll want to post to webm-discuss@.

Thanks,
Yang