Publish webp to Homebrew

Andrew Pennebaker

Oct 5, 2016, 11:44:23 AM10/5/16
to WebP Discussion
Thanks for publishing webp command line tools, and even producing binaries for several different operating systems!

Could we have these published on Homebrew and Chocolatey to make it easier for MacOS and Windows users to install webp?

James Zern

Oct 6, 2016, 10:18:57 PM10/6/16
to WebP Discussion
Hi,

On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 8:44:23 AM UTC-7, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
Thanks for publishing webp command line tools, and even producing binaries for several different operating systems!

Could we have these published on Homebrew

homebrew (and ports) already have webp packages:

$ brew info webp
webp: stable 0.5.1 (bottled), HEAD
Image format providing lossless and lossy compression for web images
Not installed
==> Dependencies
Required: libpng ✘
Recommended: jpeg ✘
Optional: libtiff ✘, giflib ✘
--universal
        Build a universal binary
--with-giflib
        Build with giflib support
--with-libtiff
        Build with libtiff support
--without-jpeg
        Build without jpeg support
--HEAD
        Install HEAD version

and Chocolatey to make it easier for MacOS and Windows users to install webp?

I'm not familiar with this one, taking a quick look I don't see a webp package. Maybe file a bug [1] or post something to their forum. Note msys2 and cygwin are alternatives on windows and we also post prebuilt binaries with each release [2].

[2]