[ANN] gerrit.chromium (code review) migration

James Zern

Apr 21, 2015, 9:29:27 PM4/21/15
to WebM Discussion, webp-d...@webmproject.org
Starting tomorrow gerrit.chromium.org will be readonly as we're moving
it to googlesource.com due to the openid2 turndown [1]. As of now you
may not be able to log in.
Sorry about the late notice, the migration fell a bit behind schedule.
Once the move is done I'll send an update about the access changes.
Over the next few weeks we hope to move the old change history so it's
available once gerrit.chromium is shut down. Existing changes will
need to be pushed to the new server manually in meantime with a new
change-id.

[1] https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OpenID2

James Zern

Apr 22, 2015, 11:44:55 PM4/22/15
to WebM Discussion, webp-d...@webmproject.org
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:29 PM, James Zern <jz...@google.com> wrote:
> Starting tomorrow gerrit.chromium.org will be readonly as we're moving
> it to googlesource.com due to the openid2 turndown [1]. As of now you
> may not be able to log in.
> Sorry about the late notice, the migration fell a bit behind schedule.
> Once the move is done I'll send an update about the access changes.

This is complete for gerrit and the repositories, while the web site
and continuous integration still need to be updated.

The canonical sources for webm projects are:

pull: https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}
push: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}
browse: https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}/

where ${REPO} is the repository you're working with e.g., libvpx, libwebp.

In an existing clone you can update remotes with git config:
$ git config remote.origin.url \
https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}

And if you have or would like to add a push alias:
$ git config remote.for-master.url \
https://chromium-reviews.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}
$ git config remote.for-master.push HEAD:refs/for/master
$ git push for-master

To be able to upload changes you'll need to create a cookie file for git to
use. Go to chromium.googlesource.com, click 'Generate Password' in the upper
right and follow the instructions.

> Over the next few weeks we hope to move the old change history so it's
> available once gerrit.chromium is shut down.

This is still pending.

James Zern

Apr 22, 2015, 11:46:38 PM4/22/15
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:44 PM, James Zern <jz...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:29 PM, James Zern <jz...@google.com> wrote:
>> Starting tomorrow gerrit.chromium.org will be readonly as we're moving
>> it to googlesource.com due to the openid2 turndown [1]. As of now you
>> may not be able to log in.
>> Sorry about the late notice, the migration fell a bit behind schedule.
>> Once the move is done I'll send an update about the access changes.
>>

> This is complete for gerrit and the repositories, while the web site
> and continuous integration still need to be updated.
>
> The canonical sources for webm projects are:
>
> pull: https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}
> push: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}
> browse: https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}/
>
> where ${REPO} is the repository you're working with e.g., libvpx, libwebp.
>
> In an existing clone you can update remotes with git config:
> $ git config remote.origin.url \
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}
>
> And if you have or would like to add a push alias:
> $ git config remote.for-master.url \
> https://chromium-reviews.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}

Sorry I forgot to update this one, it should be:
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/webm/${REPO}