Re: How can I export webm with the Adobe Media Encoder?

Matthew Heaney

Jan 29, 2013, 5:33:10 PM1/29/13
to WebM Discussion
I don't know anything about AME -- does it support plug-ins? On a
Windows machine, are plug-ins DirectShow-based, or do they use some
other technology?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM, Bib Fortuna
<holger....@thieme-compliance.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> please forgive me if I start a new discussion on a well known topic. Is
> there a way to enable the Adobe Media Encoder or Adobe Premiere Pro to
> export webm formats? I am familiar with third party software that can do the
> job (including firefogg and VLC). Still it would by very convenient to use
> the Adobe Media Encoder. There is a wonderful tutorial by Adobe evangelist
> Jason Levine on how to work this out on a Mac:
>

> http://boodahjoomusic.com/blog/?p=600http://
>

> However I couldn't translate Jason's method to PC. Is there anyone who has
> successfully established webm in AME? If possible I would appreciate a
> step-by-step description very much. Jason installed quicktime filters from
> the webm project and his AME adapted to that. As I work with a PC I tried to
> install the direct show filters from the webm project but that didn't have
> any effect on my AME. It would be great if anyone knew a way.
>

> Thanks!

Bib Fortuna

Feb 1, 2013, 4:37:08 AM2/1/13
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hi Matthew,

there are in fact many plugins for Adobe products that involve codecs, i.e. Total Code by Main Concept. But I am not sure if these codecs are DirectShow-based or if they have to be DirectShow-based to be understood by the Adobe Media Encoder. The plugins that I have found so far don't support WebM. If this problem has ever been addressed by another user or if there is someone who has found a way to enable WebM-enoding within the Adobe world, help is most welcome.

Matthew Heaney

Feb 1, 2013, 2:45:05 PM2/1/13
to WebM Discussion
Go ahead and file a bug report, requesting an AME plug-in that supports WebM:

http://www.webmproject.org/code/bug-reporting/

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Bib Fortuna
> https://groups.google.com/a/webmproject.org/d/msg/webm-discuss/-/zGHafgjltIIJ.

Bib Fortuna

Feb 4, 2013, 4:10:34 AM2/4/13
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hi Matthew,

I just posted the request. Thanks for the suggestion! Now I keep my fingers crossed :-)

Bib Fortuna

Mar 5, 2013, 11:48:39 AM3/5/13
to webm-d...@webmproject.org, ma...@patchan.com
Hi ma...!

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I don't know how to write that piece of code, so I don't belong to the group of literally anyone :-( If however literally anyone can write the code, help would be most welcome.

Thank you for your patience and assistance!

Am Dienstag, 5. März 2013 03:50:48 UTC+1 schrieb ma...@patchan.com:
Hi guys,

As it happens AME supports the Premiere Pro SDK 'Exporters' format - so literally anyone can get the public Premiere Pro SDK, the public WebM SDK, write a bit of code, and poof - out pops WebM from AME (and Premiere Pro).

Cheers

ch...@wilson18.com

Jan 4, 2014, 2:49:53 PM1/4/14
to webm-d...@webmproject.org, ma...@patchan.com
Hi, I have done a video showing a great plugin and how to use it if you are still interested

Brendan Bolles

Jan 7, 2014, 3:14:38 PM1/7/14
to webm-d...@webmproject.org, ma...@patchan.com, ch...@wilson18.com
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 11:49:53 AM UTC-8, ch...@wilson18.com wrote:
Hi, I have done a video showing a great plugin and how to use it if you are still interested

Thanks for helping to get the word out!

Brendan

fabu...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 4:08:57 PM7/19/16
to WebM Discussion
I thought Photoshop's minimal flat UI was the worst... but Adobe Media Encoder really takes the prize... and No native support to export too the HTML standard, WebM ... someone really is ruthlessly mean spirited. and self serving at Adobe...

Bib Fortuna

Jul 20, 2016, 5:59:40 AM7/20/16
to WebM Discussion, fabu...@gmail.com

Am Dienstag, 19. Juli 2016 22:08:57 UTC+2 schrieb fabu...@gmail.com:
I thought Photoshop's minimal flat UI was the worst... but Adobe Media Encoder really takes the prize... and No native support to export too the HTML standard, WebM ... someone really is ruthlessly mean spirited. and self serving at Adobe...

Hi fabu200,

here is a beautiful plugin by fnordware, that will allow you to export WebM from the Adobe Media Encoder:

https://github.com/fnordware/AdobeWebM

Enjoy, Bib

sush...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2016, 2:19:02 PM9/19/16
to WebM Discussion, fabu...@gmail.com
Thank you so much for that pointer. Saved me a LOT of trouble. I also found their OGG and OGV (Theora) plugins very useful, and I'm converting a few .mov files to .webm and .ogv alongside the regular H.264 .mp4 files in Adobe Media Encoder right now.

(if it looks like I'm loading this post with keywords, it's because I am. :P Hopefully someone else will also find this link / thread via search.

Bib Fortuna

Sep 20, 2016, 1:02:45 PM9/20/16
to WebM Discussion, fabu...@gmail.com, sush...@gmail.com
Glad you liked it! All credits to fnordware. Good luck with your projects!